- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
THEBES, Ill. -- Agatha "Dean" Parker, 72, of Thebes, formerly of Cairo, Ill., died Friday, Aug. 31, 2007, at her home.
She was born July 15, 1935, at East Prairie, Mo., daughter of James Ruben and Alice Rose Evans Parker.
Parker was a member of the Salvation Army in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include three sisters, Helen Tindall of Brighton, Ill., Alma Southard of Thebes, and Brenda Butler of Cairo; and a brother, Bill Parker of Thebes.
She was preceded in death by three sisters and two brothers.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
A memorial service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Maj. Benjamin Stillwell officiating.
Interment will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge, Ill.