- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
DEXTER, Mo. -- Barry James Barnes, 44, of Dudley, Mo., died Friday, Aug. 31, 2007, at Missouri Southern Healthcare in Dexter.
He was born Feb. 1, 1963, at Dexter, son of James H. "Jim" and Mary Ellen Williams Barnes.
Barnes had lived in the Dudley area all his life. He worked as a farm hand until his health forced his retirement.
He was preceded in death by his mother.
Survivors include a son, Justin William Barnes of Dudley; a daughter, April Jones of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; his father of Dudley; a brother, Garry W. Barnes of Dexter; a sister, Dana Fay Wilson of Cape Girardeau; and four grandchildren.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Watkins and Sons Funeral Home in Dexter.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ray Placher of Puxico officiating.
Interment will follow in Bloomfield Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo.