- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
DEXTER, Mo. -- Barry James Barnes, 44, of Dudley, Mo., died Friday, Aug. 31, 2007, at Missouri Southern Healthcare in Dexter.
He was born Feb. 1, 1963, at Dexter, son of James H. "Jim" and Mary Ellen Williams Barnes.
Barnes had lived in the Dudley area all his life. He worked as a farm hand until his health forced his retirement.
He was preceded in death by his mother.
Survivors include a son, Justin William Barnes of Dudley; a daughter, April Jones of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; his father of Dudley; a brother, Garry W. Barnes of Dexter; a sister, Dana Fay Wilson of Cape Girardeau; and four grandchildren.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Watkins and Sons Funeral Home in Dexter.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ray Placher of Puxico officiating.
Interment will follow in Bloomfield Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo.