- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Glastetter - 50 years
ORAN, Mo. -- Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Glastetter of Oran celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a reception and dinner Aug. 4, 2007, at Oran Knights of Columbus Hall. This was followed by a Mass at Guardian Angel Catholic Church where they repeated their wedding vows.
Glastetter and Betty Seyer were married Aug. 24, 1957, at St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee, Mo., by the Rev. Thomas Geraghty. Their attendants were Robert and Arthur "Jack" Seyer, Mary Catherine Schlitt Stoverink, and the late Hank Schmitt, Margie Glastetter Schmitt and the late Anna Marie Tucker Legrand.
Their children and spouses are Carol and Danny Bierschwal of Cape Girardeau, Dennis Glastetter and fiancee Nancy Hampton of Chaffee, Fred and Mary Beth Glastetter and Gary and Nena Glastetter of Oran.
They have seven grandchildren, Dustin and Megan Glastetter of East Prairie, Jordan Glastetter of Chaffee, Nathan Glastetter of Cape Girardeau, Bethany Beggs of Columbia, Tiffany and Natalee Glastetter of Oran.