- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ORAN, Mo. -- Herbert and Rita Giesler of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., announce the engagement of their daughter, Carrie Ann Giesler, to Daniel Keith Dirnberger. He is the son of Lenard and Camilla Dirnberger of Oran.
Giesler is a 1998 graduate of Ste. Genevieve High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in art education and a bachelor of fine arts degree from Southeast Missouri State University in 2004, and is pursuing a master's degree in teaching and learning from DePaul University in Chicago. She is an art specialist at Funston Elementary School.
Dirnberger is a 1999 graduate of Oran High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in psychology from Southeast in 2004, and a master of art degree in industrial organizational psychology from Chicago School of Professional Psychology in 2006. He is a human resource generalist with the Archdiocese of Chicago.
An Oct. 6 wedding is planned at Treasured Memories in Ste. Genevieve.