- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
BENTON, Mo. -- St. Denis Catholic Church was the setting June 7, 2003, for the wedding of Ashley Brooks Beggs and Keith Alan Barnett. The Rev. Normand Varone performed the ceremony. Organist was Michelle Scherer of Benton, and soloist was Heather DeWitt of Sikeston, Mo.
Parents of the bride are Cameron Beggs and Sheila Beggs of Benton. The groom is the son of Bill Barnett of Cape Girardeau and Cathy O'Dell of Scott City.
Maid of honor was Megan Beggs of Benton, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Kari Barnett of Cape Girardeau, sister of the groom; Natalie Eftink of Oran, Mo.; and Jennifer Siebert of Cape Girardeau.
Jerry Knight of Scott City was best man. Groomsmen were Michael Lough of Oak Ridge; Dean Heuring of New Hamburg, Mo., uncle of the bride; and David Copeland of Chaffee, Mo. Ushers were Travis Beggs of Benton and Hollis Malone of Sikeston, brothers of the bride; Billy Van Pelt of Chaffee; and Brant Heuring of Benton, cousin of the bride.
Candlelighters were Whitney Beggs of Benton, sister of the bride, and Robin Lance of Scott City, sister of the groom.
Heather Beggs of Benton, sister of the bride, handed out programs.
Bellringers were Mackenzie Barnett, daughter of the groom; Jaxon Van Pelt, nephew of the bride; Ashton Beggs, brother of the bride; and Chelsea Skaggs.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at St. Denis Parish Center. Servers were Mary Beth Eftink, Bethany Beggs, Emily Scherer, Melissa Riley and Cheryl Beggs.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 6 at the parish center.
Mrs. Barnett is a graduate of Thomas W. Kelly High School, and received a bachelor's degree in social work from Southeast Missouri State University in 2002. She is a project manager at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a graduate of Scott City High School. He is employed at Big Lake Transport in Charleston, Mo.
The couple resides in Scott City.