- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
EAST CAPE GIRARDEAU, Ill. -- Jerry J. Burton, 38, of East Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Nov. 19, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 2, 1965, in Cairo, Ill., son of Fred and Donna Wilburn Burton. He married Pamela Lang.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Jamie Lee Burton of East Cape Girardeau and Rusha Burton of Tamms, Ill.; three sons, Joe Cashan of East Cape Girardeau, Joshua Lee Burton and Jerry Burton Jr. of Tamms; his mother, Donna Jones of Metropolis, Ill.; four sisters, Glena Brown of Ullin, Ill., Danielle LaBruza of Hammond, La., Sharon Stuard of Cross Plains, Tenn., and Rhonda Curtis of Tamms; and a brother, Fred Burton Jr. of Tamms.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call Monday at Barkett Funeral Home in Mound City, Ill., from 10 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at noon Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert McCoy officiating. Burial will be in Fayville Cemetery near Olive Branch, Ill.