- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
COBDEN, Ill. -- Lorraine Caraker, 85, of Cobden died Friday, Nov. 21, 2003, at Parkway Manor in Marion, Ill.
She was born Nov. 5, 1918, at Anna, Ill., daughter of Louie L. and Mae F. Parker Sitter. She and William Glynn Caraker were married July 4, 1940, at Jackson. He died Feb. 19, 1997.
Caraker worked as an elementary school teacher, retiring from Cobden Elementary School District. She was a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Cobden, Cobden American Legion Auxiliary, Retired Teacher's Association and Union County Country Club.
Survivors include a daughter; Glynda Jane Ryan of Marion, Ill. and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a sister.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. until the service at 10 a.m. Monday at The Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden. The Rev. Clifford Hale will officiate. Private burial will be at Cobden Cemetery.