- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Karl J. Probst, 97, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Nov. 22, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Aug. 21, 1906, at Patterson, N.J., son of Otto and Rosalie Kissling Probst.
Probst graduated from Newark College of Engineering in New Jersey. He was a chemical engineer and also was involved in New Jersey real estate business. He was a member of St. Mark Lutheran Church.
Survivors include a sister, Rose McCabe of Cape Girardeau; six nieces, Margaret Schmucker of Cape Girardeau, Roni Potocco and Mary Simpson of New Jersey, Michele Blocker and Margarat Boyd of North Carolina and Debbie Probst of Connecticut; and a nephew, William Probst of Connecticut.
He was preceded in death by three brothers.
Friends may call from 4 to 6 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at St. Mark Lutheran Church with the Rev. Robert Klein officiating.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Mark Lutheran Church.