- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)6
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)3
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Event raises awareness of prematurity
To the editor:
On behalf of the March of Dimes, I would like to thank everyone who has supported our events in the past. Our most recent event was our Prematurity Day that was held Nov. 15 in front of Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse of Cape Girardeau. Our No. 1 goal was to raise awareness of prematurity since the numbers are the highest in the United States ever recorded. Today, one in eight babies will be born premature.
Please keep in mind that money raised goes to research and education in our local area. We offer grants and other educational sessions throughout the year. Please call us at 651-6033 if you should have any questions or would be interested in signing up as a volunteer.
Southeast Division Director
March of Dimes