- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Marble Hill man accused of beating, kidnapping woman (6/27/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Business notebook: Man's cheesecake whim becomes a full-time vocation (6/26/17)
Fraternity rakes leaves; pledges will go far in life
To the editor:
Kudos to the pledges of Alphi Phi Omega fraternity at Southeast Missouri State University.
A card was left on our door asking if we would like our lawn raked free of charge as a pledge services project. On Nov. 16, a wonderful bunch of young people arrived fully equipped with rakes, tarps and trash bags. With a lot of hard work, they did an excellent job. They even hauled all the leaves away.
I predict these young people will go far in life. This group can only be an asset to your organization.
FRANCES C. CARGLE