- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
Fraternity rakes leaves; pledges will go far in life
To the editor:
Kudos to the pledges of Alphi Phi Omega fraternity at Southeast Missouri State University.
A card was left on our door asking if we would like our lawn raked free of charge as a pledge services project. On Nov. 16, a wonderful bunch of young people arrived fully equipped with rakes, tarps and trash bags. With a lot of hard work, they did an excellent job. They even hauled all the leaves away.
I predict these young people will go far in life. This group can only be an asset to your organization.
FRANCES C. CARGLE