- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
Fraternity rakes leaves; pledges will go far in life
To the editor:
Kudos to the pledges of Alphi Phi Omega fraternity at Southeast Missouri State University.
A card was left on our door asking if we would like our lawn raked free of charge as a pledge services project. On Nov. 16, a wonderful bunch of young people arrived fully equipped with rakes, tarps and trash bags. With a lot of hard work, they did an excellent job. They even hauled all the leaves away.
I predict these young people will go far in life. This group can only be an asset to your organization.
FRANCES C. CARGLE