- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
Fraternity rakes leaves; pledges will go far in life
To the editor:
Kudos to the pledges of Alphi Phi Omega fraternity at Southeast Missouri State University.
A card was left on our door asking if we would like our lawn raked free of charge as a pledge services project. On Nov. 16, a wonderful bunch of young people arrived fully equipped with rakes, tarps and trash bags. With a lot of hard work, they did an excellent job. They even hauled all the leaves away.
I predict these young people will go far in life. This group can only be an asset to your organization.
FRANCES C. CARGLE