- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
Fraternity rakes leaves; pledges will go far in life
To the editor:
Kudos to the pledges of Alphi Phi Omega fraternity at Southeast Missouri State University.
A card was left on our door asking if we would like our lawn raked free of charge as a pledge services project. On Nov. 16, a wonderful bunch of young people arrived fully equipped with rakes, tarps and trash bags. With a lot of hard work, they did an excellent job. They even hauled all the leaves away.
I predict these young people will go far in life. This group can only be an asset to your organization.
FRANCES C. CARGLE