- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)20
Baldwin loves his new family film bad guy role
LOS ANGELES -- Some leading men would balk at playing a goofy villain in a family film, but actor Alec Baldwin says he loved being bad in his latest role. In "Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat," he stars as the potbellied Larry Quinn, vile boyfriend of the bored siblings' mother and foil to Mike Myers' mischievous feline.
Bob Barker grows older, gives away big money
LOS ANGELES -- Bob Barker will celebrate his 80th birthday by giving away a record amount of money. The host of the longest-running game show in television will preside over "The Price is Right Million Dollar Spectacular" Dec. 13, a day after his actual birthday. The showcase winner will get the largest amount in cash and prizes in the show's history.
Robert Downey Jr. to marry film producer
NEW YORK -- "Gothika" is a dark thriller, but the movie had a happy ending for Robert Downey Jr.: He met his fiancee, Susan Levin, on the set in Montreal. Levin was a producer on the film. "She's smarter. I like that," the 38-year-old actor said during an interview.
Henry Fonda honored in Omaha with street
OMAHA, Neb. -- The late Henry Fonda is being honored with commemorative street signs near a theater in which he began his career. Fonda, a graduate of Omaha Central High School, was encouraged to try acting at the Omaha Community Playhouse by Marlon Brando's mother. Dorothy Brando held the meeting in 1924 that led to establishment of the playhouse and she starred in some of its productions.
-- From wire reports