- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Cardine Pruitt, 60, of Perryville, Mo., died Friday, Nov. 21, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 22, 1943, to the late Richard and Alma Beinlein Vernon. She married Glenn Pruitt Sr. May 11, 1963.
She was a special services employee of Perryville High School for 18 years. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and was a St. Vincent de Paul High School graduate.
She is survived by her husband of Perryville; two sons, Glenn Pruitt Jr. and R. Jeff Pruitt, both of St. Louis, Mo.; a brother, Robert Vernon of Perryville; and two grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. Monday at Yount and Sons Chapel and again Tuesday from 6:30 a.m. until time of funeral at 10 a.m. Burial will follow in Mount Hope Cemetery, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating.