- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Cardine Pruitt, 60, of Perryville, Mo., died Friday, Nov. 21, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 22, 1943, to the late Richard and Alma Beinlein Vernon. She married Glenn Pruitt Sr. May 11, 1963.
She was a special services employee of Perryville High School for 18 years. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church and was a St. Vincent de Paul High School graduate.
She is survived by her husband of Perryville; two sons, Glenn Pruitt Jr. and R. Jeff Pruitt, both of St. Louis, Mo.; a brother, Robert Vernon of Perryville; and two grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. Monday at Yount and Sons Chapel and again Tuesday from 6:30 a.m. until time of funeral at 10 a.m. Burial will follow in Mount Hope Cemetery, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating.