- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
EAST CAPE GIRARDEAU, Ill. -- Jerry J. Burton, 38, of East Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Nov. 19, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 2, 1965, in Cairo, Ill., son of Fred and Donna Wilburn Burton. He married Pamela Lang.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Jamie and Rusha Burton of Tamms, Ill.; two sons, Joe Cashan of East Cape Girardeau, Jerry Burton Jr. of Tamms; his mother, Donna Jones of Metropolis, Ill.; four sisters, Glena Brown of Ullin, Ill., Danielle LaBruza of Hammond, La., Sharon Stuard of Cross Plains, Tenn., and Rhonda Curtis of Tamms; and a brother, Fred Burton Jr. of Tamms.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call Monday at Barkett Funeral Home in Mound City, Ill., from 10 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at noon Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert McCoy officiating. Burial will be in Fayville Cemetery near Olive Branch, Ill.