- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Ronnie Acuff, 54, of Anna died Thursday, Nov. 20, 2003, at Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Marion, Ill.
He was born Sept. 1, 1949, in Anna, son of Joseph Lyndall and Leola Irene McIntosh Acuff. He and Mona Jane Rhodes were married July 9, 1970.
Acuff was a U.S. Army veteran of the Vietnam War. He was a lifetime member of VFW Post 3455 in Anna and American Legion Post 900 in McClure, Ill.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Candace McCommons and Rhonda Acuff of Vienna, Ill.; a son, Scott Acuff of Anna; a sister, Bonnie Ragsdale of West Vienna, Ill.; a half sister, Patricia Boie of Kankakee, Ill.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Sadler officiating. Burial will be in American Legion Cemetery, with military honors by VFW Post 3455.