- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Area sports digest 8/28/07
Kluesner, Morrowwin horseshoe event
Jake Kluesner and Dawn Morrow won the SEMO Horseshoe Association event Sunday at the Knights of Columbus in Jackson.
Lachelle Cook and Larry Glastetter placed second, while Ron LeGrand and Todd Elfrink finished third.
The next tournament will take place 1 p.m. on Saturday at Benton Neighbor Day in Benton, Mo.
Bollinger wins at Benton Racepark
Dietrick Bollinger won the pure street division at Auto Tire & Parts Racepark on Friday in Benton, Mo.
Other winners were Leo Naeger (modified), Tommy Worley Jr. (sprints) and Jeff Herzog (sportsman).
Cantrell captures clubtitle at Dalhousie
Ben Cantrell, Tom Hamilton, Clayton Vandivert and Dick Swartz won their respective divisions at the Senior Club Championship at Dalhousie.
Cantrell, who was crowned the club's grand champion, fired rounds of 77 and 71 for a 148 total to win the St. Andrews flight, finishing 15 strokes ahead of Woody Harrleson (84-79--163).
Hamilton shot 76 and 77 for a 153 total and first in the Muirfield flight, four shots ahead of Cord Dombrowski (79-78--157).
Vandivert won the Royal Troon division by six strokes with rounds of 77 and 80 and a 157 total. John Abercrombie (84-79--163) finished second.
Swartz won the Carnoustie flight with rounds of 86 and 81 for a 167 total.
Low net winners were Greg Howard (70-69--139) in St. Andrews, Mike Bennett (76-63--139) in Muirfield, Ken Schmitz (65-70--135) in Royal Troon and George Landre (64-71--135) in Carnoustie.
-- From staff reports