- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Son to Tony and Ann Balsamo of St. Louis, Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, 12:20 p.m. Friday, Aug. 17, 2007. Name, Wesley Salvatore. Weight, 7 pounds, 5 ounces. First child. Mrs. Balsamo is the former Ann Wedemeyer, daughter of Dennis Wesley and Susan S. Wedemeyer. She is a vice president at Weber Shandwick Worldwide. Balsamo is the son of Dr. Salvatore Charles and Sue K. Balsamo of Cape Girardeau. He is director of information systems at Olin School of Business at Washington University in St. Louis.
Son to Shannon Ray and Jennifer Lynn Pingel of Perryville, Mo., Saint Francis Medical Center, 1:19 p.m. Friday, Aug. 17, 2007. Name, Logan Ray. Weight, 8 pounds. Second son. Mrs. Pingel is the former Jennifer Brunkhorst, daughter of Butch Brunkhorst and Ace Brunkhorst of Perryville. She is employed at Paycheck Payroll Services. Pingel is the son of Rita Pingel and Mark Smith and Van and Cheryl Pingel, all of Perryville. He is employed at Brickey's Stone Co.
Son to Andrew Gee and Angela Renee Wine of Jackson, Southeast Missouri Hospital, 7:02 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 18, 2007. Name, Carter James Robert. Weight, 8 pounds, 7 ounces. First child. Mrs. Wine is the former Angela Roberts, daughter of Chuck Roberts and Julia Roberts of Jackson. Wine is the son of Jim Wine and Cyndy Wine of Jackson. He is employed at TG Missouri Corp.
Son to Danialle Nicole Dodd of Cape Girardeau, Southeast Missouri Hospital, 7:55 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 18, 2007. Name, Zadrian Alexander. Weight, 8 pounds, 1 ounce. First child. Ms. Dodd is the daughter of Candy Hill of Cape Girardeau and Robert Dodd of Perryville, Mo.
Son to William Andrew Rogers and Danielle Nicole Walton of Scott City, Southeast Missouri Hospital, 8:49 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 18, 2007. Name, Gavin Michael. Weight, 4 pounds, 4 ounces. Second son. Mrs. Dalton is the daughter of Debra Brown and Gary Walton of Scott City. Rogers is the son of Mary Ann Rogers of Zalma, Mo., and Butch Rogers of Nebo, Ill. He is employed at SEMO Roofing and Remodeling.
Son to Todd James and Amy Renee Essner of Oak Ridge, Southeast Missouri Hospital, 12:04 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18, 2007. Name, Jeramy Luke. Weight, 7 pounds, 15 ounces. Second son. Mrs. Essner is the former Amy Sanders, daughter of Richard and Judy Sanders of Oak Ridge. She is employed at Mid-South Steel Products Inc. Essner is the son of Jim and Hope Essner of Kelso, Mo. He is employed at Procter & Gamble.
Son to Robert Patrick McCarty and Elizabeth Jean Andrews of Jackson, Southeast Missouri Hospital, 4:51 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 18, 2007. Name, Sean Robert. Weight, 6 pounds, 14 ounces. First child. Ms. Andrews is the daughter of Regina and Michael VonHasseln of Jackson and Bradley Andrews of Magazine, Ark. She is a student at Jackson High School. McCarty is the son of Patrick and Judy McCarty of Jackson. He is employed at Dairy Queen in Fruitland.