- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Sikeston couple arrested for robberies
SIKESTON, Mo. -- A Sikeston couple has been arrested for the robberies of two local businesses. On Tuesday, Aug. 21 around 8:45 p.m., the Sikeston Department of Public Safety received a report of a robbery which occurred at Southside One Stop at 1157 S. Main in Sikeston. The following day, Aug. 22, around 2:30 p.m., the department received another report of a robbery at Fas Gas located at 109 East Street in Sikeston.
In both cases, the employees of the convenience stores described a white male entering the business and attempting to purchase a soft drink. Once the employee opened the register the suspect reached across the counter and took the cash. The suspect was able to get away Aug. 21, but officers quickly responded to the area around Fas Gas on Aug. 22. Once in the area, officers made contact with a subject matching the description of the offender. Shortly after, this suspect was identified as the subject who allegedly robbed Fas Gas. This subject is identified as Thomas Wayne Lee (38, of Sikeston)
Lee's wife was found nearby waiting in their vehicle. Shannon Renay Lee (37, of Sikeston) was also arrested for her part in the robbery. According to a press release, she allegedly assisted Lee robbing the businesses by picking him up after each robbery in their vehicle. Subsequent interviews of the suspects led to confessions for both of these robberies.
Currently both are in custody at the Scott County Jail for the robbery of Fas Gas. They are being held on charges of Robbery 2nd Degree (strong arm), each having a $100,000 cash bond.
New Madrid County charges are also expected on the couple this week for the robbery of Southside One Stop.