- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Judith L. Watkins, 69, of Anna, Ill., died Saturday, Aug. 25, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 27, 1937, daughter of James R. and Margaret M. Lutz. She and John H. Watkins were married on Nov. 21, 1956.
Watkins was active in the First Evangelical Presbyterian Church of Anna. She was an elected member of the Friends of the Stinson Library and was recently elected to serve as president.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, David Watkins of Granby, Conn. and Brian Watkins of Hartland, Conn.; two daughters, Suzan Young of Shutesbury, Mass., and Laura Watkins of Hamburg, N.J.; four brothers, Michael Lutz of St. Anne, Mo., Jon Lutz of Anna, Timothy of Henderson, Ky., and Steven Lutz; and six grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her brothers Peter and Julian Lutz.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna. The funeral will be 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home with the Rev. Dan Borgelt officiating. Interment will be in Ebenezer Hall Cemetery.