- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
A look at the Big Mac at 40
BIG MAC ATTACK: The Big Mac was thought up in 1967 by Jim Delligatti, who owned a McDonald's store near Pittsburgh. The sandwich sold for 45 cents. Today, the burger costs about $2.75.
GLOBAL FLAVOR: Around the globe, the Big Mac's ingredients follow its catchy jingle: Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. A notable exemption is India, where the burger is called the Maharaja Mac and is made with chicken.
HEAVY-WEIGHT COMPETITION: The Big Mac spawned generations of bigger and bigger burgers. Wendy's offers a "Triple with Cheese," which has 980 calories and 59 grams of fat. Burger King has a 1,230 calorie Triple Whopper loaded with 82 grams of fat. Even McDonald's has a double-quarter pounder with cheese, which has 740 calories and 42 grams of fat.