- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)9
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)19
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
A look at the Big Mac at 40
BIG MAC ATTACK: The Big Mac was thought up in 1967 by Jim Delligatti, who owned a McDonald's store near Pittsburgh. The sandwich sold for 45 cents. Today, the burger costs about $2.75.
GLOBAL FLAVOR: Around the globe, the Big Mac's ingredients follow its catchy jingle: Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. A notable exemption is India, where the burger is called the Maharaja Mac and is made with chicken.
HEAVY-WEIGHT COMPETITION: The Big Mac spawned generations of bigger and bigger burgers. Wendy's offers a "Triple with Cheese," which has 980 calories and 59 grams of fat. Burger King has a 1,230 calorie Triple Whopper loaded with 82 grams of fat. Even McDonald's has a double-quarter pounder with cheese, which has 740 calories and 42 grams of fat.