- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
A look at the Big Mac at 40
BIG MAC ATTACK: The Big Mac was thought up in 1967 by Jim Delligatti, who owned a McDonald's store near Pittsburgh. The sandwich sold for 45 cents. Today, the burger costs about $2.75.
GLOBAL FLAVOR: Around the globe, the Big Mac's ingredients follow its catchy jingle: Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. A notable exemption is India, where the burger is called the Maharaja Mac and is made with chicken.
HEAVY-WEIGHT COMPETITION: The Big Mac spawned generations of bigger and bigger burgers. Wendy's offers a "Triple with Cheese," which has 980 calories and 59 grams of fat. Burger King has a 1,230 calorie Triple Whopper loaded with 82 grams of fat. Even McDonald's has a double-quarter pounder with cheese, which has 740 calories and 42 grams of fat.