- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
A look at the Big Mac at 40
BIG MAC ATTACK: The Big Mac was thought up in 1967 by Jim Delligatti, who owned a McDonald's store near Pittsburgh. The sandwich sold for 45 cents. Today, the burger costs about $2.75.
GLOBAL FLAVOR: Around the globe, the Big Mac's ingredients follow its catchy jingle: Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. A notable exemption is India, where the burger is called the Maharaja Mac and is made with chicken.
HEAVY-WEIGHT COMPETITION: The Big Mac spawned generations of bigger and bigger burgers. Wendy's offers a "Triple with Cheese," which has 980 calories and 59 grams of fat. Burger King has a 1,230 calorie Triple Whopper loaded with 82 grams of fat. Even McDonald's has a double-quarter pounder with cheese, which has 740 calories and 42 grams of fat.