- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
A look at the Big Mac at 40
BIG MAC ATTACK: The Big Mac was thought up in 1967 by Jim Delligatti, who owned a McDonald's store near Pittsburgh. The sandwich sold for 45 cents. Today, the burger costs about $2.75.
GLOBAL FLAVOR: Around the globe, the Big Mac's ingredients follow its catchy jingle: Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun. A notable exemption is India, where the burger is called the Maharaja Mac and is made with chicken.
HEAVY-WEIGHT COMPETITION: The Big Mac spawned generations of bigger and bigger burgers. Wendy's offers a "Triple with Cheese," which has 980 calories and 59 grams of fat. Burger King has a 1,230 calorie Triple Whopper loaded with 82 grams of fat. Even McDonald's has a double-quarter pounder with cheese, which has 740 calories and 42 grams of fat.