- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Community cuisine 8/27/07
St. Rose of Lima Parish picnic planned Sunday
The annual St. Rose of Lima Silver Lake Picnic will feature a 1:30 to 7 p.m. smorgasbord dinner Sunday in the air-conditioned hall at St. Rose of Lima Parish, nine miles west of Perryville, Mo., on Route T. The menu includes kettle beef and fried chicken dinners. Carry-outs will be available. There will be quilt bingo, picnic games, refreshments and prizes, plus live music from 7:30 to 10:30 p.m.
Meals with Friends at the Salvation Army
The Salvation Army, 701 Good Hope St., will serve Meals with Friends from 4:30 to 6 p.m. today through Friday. Any individual is welcome to enjoy a nutritious meal in a cool, friendly atmosphere free of charge. All meals include cake or pie for dessert. Today's menu includes chicken or hamburgers on a bun, mashed potatoes, green beans, applesauce; Tuesday is hotdogs, chips, pork and beans, applesauce; Wednesday is ham and beans, fried potatoes, corn, peaches; Thursday is turkey and noodles, mixed vegetables, pears, rolls and butter; Friday is turkey salad sandwiches, chips, applesauce.
-- From staff reports