- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Fire at Dana Corp.
Firefighters responded to smoke billowing from the rooftop at the Dana Corporation at 2071 Corporate Circle shortly after 1 p.m. Wednesday.
Five firetrucks and one ambulance arrived and quickly got the fire under control. About 50 employees had been in the building when the alarm in an automated department sounded, and they were quickly evacuated, said Max Dunlap, plant manager.
There were no injuries, and the damage was minimal, Dunlap said.
The fire started from one of the ovens overheating, said Dunlap.