- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Bobby F. Gatewood, 71, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Aug. 20, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born May 29, 1936, near Caruthersville, Mo., son of Lee J. and Modene Camp Gatewood. He and Shirley J. Hicks were married Dec. 26, 1959, in Caruthersville. She died March 29, 2006.
Gatewood was a graduate of Caruthersville High School, and then served in the U.S. Air Force.
He was a factory representative for the former Brown Shoe Co. several years, and then was a sales representative for the former Imperial Adhesive Co. in St. Louis, traveling in the Missouri-Texas territory. Gatewood was a member of Lynwood Baptist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Valorie Nelson of Jackson, and a brother, Raymond "Butch" Gatewood of Caruthersville.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 12:30 p.m. until time of service Saturday at McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Billy Irions officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.