- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Frank A. Stanley, 70, of Lonoke, Ark., formerly of Sikeston, died Monday, Nov. 17, 2003, at University Hospital in Little Rock, Ark.
He was born Jan. 5, 1933, in Hayti, Mo., son of Roy K. and Mildred Warren Stanley. He and Jean Robbs were married Feb. 1, 1953, at Matthews, Mo.
Stanley received a master's degree in agronomy. He was a retired farmer, and was active in a truck stop ministry at Petro Truck Stop in Little Rock. He moved to Little Rock in 1980 and to Lonoke in 1991.
He served in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Dana and Allen Stanley of Lonoke, Vinn Stanley of Bryant, Ark.; a daughter, Laura Vaught of Little Rock; his mother of Sikeston; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Revs. Caston Countz and Tom Geers officiating. Burial will be in Little Prairie Cemetery at Caruthersville, Mo.