- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Rain washes out Cards vs. Cubs
CHICAGO -- Sunday night's game between the St. Louis Cardinals and Chicago Cubs was postponed following a 1-hour, 48-minute rain delay in the bottom of the third inning. A makeup date was not immediately announced.
The game was scoreless. Cubs ace Carlos Zambrano, who agreed to a five-year, $91 million contract Friday, retired all nine batters he faced.
Chicago's Matt Murton beat out an infield single for the game's only hit to start the bottom of the third. Moments later it began to pour. It had rained most of the day in the Chicago area but tapered off and then stopped in time for the game's first pitch to go off as scheduled.