- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Larry E. Harris, 59, of Jackson, died Friday, Aug. 17, 2007, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 12, 1948, in Petoskey, Mich., son of Bruce and Kathryn Warren Harris. He and Joyce Riney were married June 17, 2001, in Jackson.
Larry owned and operated the Jackson Family Barber Shop in Jackson.
Survivors include his wife, Joyce Riney Harris of Jackson; two sons, Rob Rosenthal of Houghton Lake, Mich., Dustin Harris of Colorado Springs, Colo.; a daughter, Kristina Bryant of Houghton Lake; a stepson, Jerry Lee Gilliam of Cape Girardeau; two stepdaughters, Lisa Hogarth of San Antonio and Molly Pate of Cape Girardeau; 13 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
Also surviving are four brothers, Bill Harris of Boyne City, Mich., Harold Harris of Jackson, Roger Harris of Lapeer, Mich., Ray Harris of Rochester Hill, Mich.; and two sisters, Margie Riker of Wolverine, Mich., and Helen Zimmer of Indian River, Mich.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
The Rev. Mike Parry officiated at a private memorial service on Sunday. Arrangements were by McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.