- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
John H. Ostendorf, 98, of Cape Girardeau, died Sunday, Aug. 19, 2007, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 9, 1909, in Cape Girardeau County, the son of John B. and Cecelia (Millering) Ostendorf. He and Marie F. (Heisserer) Ostendorf were married May 31, 1961 at St. Mary Cathedral in Cape Girardeau.
He was a farmer in Cape Girardeau County, west of Cape Girardeau. He was born and lived on the same farm all his life. He enjoyed hunting, fishing and playing cards.
He was a member of St. Mary Cathedral and a member of SEMO Fair Association.
He is survived by his wife, Marie F. (Heisserer) Ostendorf of Cape Girardeau; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, five brothers and one sister.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel. Parish Prayers will be at 7 p.m. The funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at St. Mary's Cathedral, with the Rev. Patrick Nwokoye officiating. Burial will be at St. Mary Cemetery, in Cape Girardeau. Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.