- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Emerson embarking on annual farm tour
U.S. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson will embark this week on her annual agriculture tour, visiting farms and farm-related businesses throughout the Eighth Congressional District.
The tour will give farmers, ranchers and agricultural business operators an opportunity to provide opinions about the 2007 Farm Bill being crafted by Congress, said Emerson, a Republican. It is the 26th annual Emerson Farm Tour as she continues a tradition started by her late first husband.
The tour kicks off at 8:30 a.m. Friday with a stop at Cape Girardeau County at Buchheit's Farm Supply Store at 2801 S. Old Orchard Road in Jackson. Emerson will then travel to Perryville, where she will stop from 10 to 11 a.m. at Stonie's Sausage Shop, 1507 Edgemont Road.
Other stops in Southeast Missouri include a visit to the Farm Bureau Dinner from 6 to 7 p.m. Aug. 29 in Sikeston. Emerson will conclude the tour Aug. 31 at the Delta Center Field Day at the University of Missouri's Delta Research Center in Pemiscot County.
-- From staff reports