- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda 8/20/07
* Tom Mogelnicki, Cape County Transit Authority, on bus route changes.
* Debby Erlbacher, on the city's liquor ordinance.
* An ordinance to levy the annual city revenue tax; library fund tax; public health tax; Special Business District No. 2 tax for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2008. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance amending Schedule K of section 26-121 of the city code by placing a yield sign on Third Street at the LaCruz Street intersection. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to Harry and Stephanie Birkhead for a recording studio at 1124 William St. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance amending the city code reducing membership on the Historic Preservation Committee from 11 to nine members. Second and third readings.
* An ordinance amending Chapter 15 of the city code regarding taxicabs and their drivers.
* An ordinance accepting a grant of easement from Dalhousie LLC for maintenance of Sewer District 17-1 A, in the Lochs of Dalhousie subdivision.
* An ordinance approving the record plat of resubdivision of Lot 2 of the Blattner Drive Fourth West Minor subdivision and Lot 5 of Blattner West subdivision.
* An ordinance approving gate record plat of Jule subdivision No. 4.
* Authorizing the city manager to execute a development agreement with Vernon E. Rhodes Family Partners LP and Rhodes Development Company LLC, for improvements on Kingsway Drive.
* Authorizing the city manager to execute a license and indemnity agreement with Stanley Batch Inc. for construction of a security fence.
* Acknowledging receipt of an annexation petition from Ruth Ann and Earl Norman, trustees of the Ruth Ann Norman revocable living trust agreement, dated Dec. 4, 1987; Earl H. Norman, trustee of the Earl H. Norman revocable Living trust agreement, dated Dec. 4, 1987 and setting a public hearing regarding the proposed annexation.
* Authorizing the city manager to execute an airport contract and concession agreement with Enterprise Leasing Co. of St. Louis to provide automobile rental services at Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
* Authorizing the city manager to execute an airport ground lease with JNV LLC, at Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
* Authorizing the city manger to execute an amended airport ground lease with Hangar 3 Inc., at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
* Approval of temporary liquor licenses for Mary Ramsey d/b/a Cape Girardeau Music Heritage Association for an event to be held Sept. 7 though 8 in downtown Cape Girardeau.
* Discussion regarding establishment of a parking task force.
* Motion accepting improvements completed under the Middle Merriwether Sewer Improvement Project and authorizing final payment to Dutch Enterprises Inc.
* Motion approving improvement plans for Walden Park II subdivisions.
* Motion accepting into the cities' system the sanitary sewer and water line improvements, as shown on approved plans, to serve the Enclave on Silverado subdivision.