- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Brandy Lynette Terry and Blake Aaron Ackman were married Oct. 21, 2006, at First General Baptist Church in Jackson. The Rev. Luther Rhodes performed the ceremony. Music was by Cheryl Fortner of Jackson. Vocalists were Cheryl, Paul, Aaron and James Fortner.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Mark Terry of Oak Ridge. Mr. and Mrs. David Ackman of Jackson are parents of the groom.
Maid of honor was Amber Terry of Oak Ridge, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Tiffany Ackman of Jackson, sister of the groom; Jessica Terry of Kansas City, Mo., sister of the bride; and Shemma Abdulaz of Cape Girardeau.
Curtis Ackman of Jackson was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Tyler Thompson of Jackson, Dale Burger of Scott City, and Jeremy Miller of Jackson. Ushers were Bryan Sander of Jackson and Ryan Bollinger of Patton, Mo.
Candlelighters were Stephanie Davis of Cape Girardeau and Amanda King of Jackson.
The dinner and dance reception was held at Drury Lodge. Servers were Elaine Shirrell of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the groom; Wanda Dorris of Belvidere, Ill., aunt of the groom; Tamie Stearns, aunt of the bride, and Susan Sterling, both of Jackson.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 20 at Delmonico's in Jackson.
Mrs. Ackman is a graduate of Jackson High School. She is majoring in health management at Southeast Missouri State University.
The groom is a graduate of Jackson High School. He is majoring in construction management and design at Southeast.
The couple resides in Cape Girardeau.