- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Ruth A. Bender, 99, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Aug. 16, 2007, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Feb. 14, 1908, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of William F. and Anna Brunke Bender.
Bender had worked at International Shoe Co., and then worked 30 years with Missouri Division of Employment Security. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and its Senior Ladies Aid.
Survivors include a brother, Arthur H. Bender of Cape Girardeau, and a sister, Irma Gillula of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call from 8:30 a.m. to service time Monday at Trinity Lutheran Church.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the church, with the Rev. Nathan Burgell officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery.
Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.