- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Louise Skaggs, 80, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Aug. 16, 2007, at Life Care Center of Cape Girardeau.
She was born Nov. 7, 1926, in Union County, Ill., daughter of Riley and Esther Foster Knight. She and Virgil Skaggs were married in 1948 in Piggott, Ark. He died Aug. 20, 1991.
Skaggs was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Stephanie Kunefke of Cape Girardeau; a son, Steven Huffman of Guntersville, Ala.; a brother, Ellison Knight of Jonesboro, Ill.; a sister, Ruth Duke of Texas; three grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a brother and three sisters.
There is no visitation.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home, with the Rev. Mike Shupert officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.