- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Patricia "Pat" Janevic, 73, died Thursday, Aug. 9, 2007, in Ann Arbor, Mich.
She was born Aug. 6, 1934, in Cape Girardeau, to Raymond and Alma Stoll Schonhoff.
Pat grew up on the Schonhoff Dairy Farm west of Cape Girardeau, and was active in 4-H club work. She graduated from St. Mary's High School in 1952, and received a nursing degree from St. John's Hospital School of Nursing in St. Louis in 1955. She had lived in the Detroit area since 1956.
Survivors include a son, John (Tracy) Janevic; Mary Janevic (Bob Wieringa) of Ann Arbor, Teresa Janevic of New York City; a sister, Mary Ellen (Franklin) McKay of Las Cruces, N.M.; two brothers, Stephen (Beverly) Schonhoff of Oak Ridge, Ray (Maxine) Schonhoff Jr. of Stuttgart, Ark.; and numerous cousins and friends in Cape Girardeau and Perry counties.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Thomas, in 2005, and a granddaughter, Laila, in 2004.
She will be remembered for her dedication to her family, church and community.
A memorial service was held Aug. 13 at St. Mary's Student Parish Catholic Church in Ann Arbor.
Muehlig Funeral Chapel in Ann Arbor was in charge of arrangements.