- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Douglas earns honors for career achievement
LOS ANGELES -- Michael Douglas will receive the Cecil B. DeMille Award for career achievement at this year's Golden Globes, more than three decades after his father, Kirk Douglas, won the honor in 1968.
Douglas is the first second-generation actor to receive the DeMille award, named for the Hollywood producer and director of "The Ten Commandments" and "The Greatest Show on Earth." The decision was announced Monday by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.
Pamela Anderson set to offer clothing line
LOS ANGELES -- Add Pamela Anderson to the crowded list of celebrities with their own clothing line.
"The Pamela Collection" will include jeans, T-shirts, sweaters, jewelry, lingerie and fragrance. The collection is expected to be in stores in fall 2004.
Halftime entertainment to include Mary J.Blige
DETROIT -- Singer Mary J. Blige will perform during halftime at the Detroit Lions' Thanksgiving Day game against the Green Bay Packers.
The Nov. 27 game -- and the sixth-annual halftime show -- will be broadcast from Detroit on the Fox network.
Blige, known for her blend of soul and hip-hop styles, is expected to perform one of her classic hits as well as songs from her latest album.
-- From wire reports