- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Paris Hilton causes frenzy with clothing-line launch in Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES -- Police and city workers were called in to handle the crowd and a lane of traffic was closed as Paris Hilton unveiled her clothing line Thursday at a trendy boutique.
The heiress, author, singer, perfume designer and reality-TV star unveiled the line at Kitson, a boutique known for its celebrity clientele.
The lane was closed for pedestrians' safety, a city spokesman said.
Clad in a gold sequin mini-dress, Hilton, 26, emerged from a black sport utility vehicle to a throng of fans who spilled into the street. Inside the store, Hilton was all smiles.
"It's a dream come true to have my own clothing line," she said. "It's just Paris style: fun, bright and flashy."
The collection, which Hilton described as "really comfortable" and "really affordable," includes shoes, T-shirts and jeans. Hilton said she spent a year submitting and approving designs.
"It's just from my closet to their closets," she said. Additional pieces will be released next month, she said.
The heiress also discussed other newsy matters in her life: her pregnant pal, Nicole Richie ("She's going to be a great mom," Hilton said), and the pending sale of her Hollywood Hills home.
"I'm going to miss my house because I love it. I really designed it to be my perfect taste," she said. "But too many people know where I live, and I'd rather be in a gated community."