- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Luther Arnold Jr.
Luther Lee Arnold Jr., 80, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Chaffee, Mo., died Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2007, at Missouri Veterans Home.
He was born March 27, 1927, at Qulin, Mo., son of Luther and Anna Johnson Arnold.
Arnold served his country 23 years in the U.S. Army and was a veteran of World War II and the Korean conflict. He also taught shop classes at Chaffee High School. Later he was a friendly shuttle bus driver for Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He attended First Baptist Church in Chaffee, and was a member of VFW Post 3838 in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include two sisters, Glendola Shell of Scott City and Bernadean Kerley of Chaffee; two half sisters, Elsie Freeman of Chaffee and Beulah Simpher of St. Louis.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a sister, Martha Sheeley of Chaffee; and a half brother, Les Spinks of St. Louis.
There will be no service.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City is in charge of arrangements.