- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Area sports digest 8/16/07
Scott adds another medal in Rio
Susan Beth Scott of Cape Girardeau captured a silver medal in the 100-meter backstroke Tuesday at the Parapan American Games in Rio de Janeiro.
It was her first medal in international competition as an individual. She won a silver as part of the 400 freestyle relay Monday.
Southeast coach earns recruiting award
Southeast Missouri State assistant men's basketball coach Ronnie Dean was ranked the No. 4 junior college recruiter in the nation by Tony Jiminez of Basketball Times.
Dean, who is in his fourth season at Southeast, finished behind Bob Huggins of West Virginia, Greg Grensing of UNLV and Kelvin Sampson of Indiana.
"It just shows I've been around the block a few times," Dean said in a statement. "I attend all the junior college camps and I recruit JC players just like high school players. ... There are very few [junior college] gyms that I haven't visited."
-- From staff reports