- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
BREWER, Mo. -- Charles E. "Sonny" Geile, 68, of Brewer died Tuesday, Nov. 18, 2003, at Perry County Memorial Hospital in Perryville, Mo.
He was born Oct. 15, 1935, at Silver Lake, Mo., son of Edgar C. and Eleanor Tucker Geile. He and Barbara A. Elder were married March 22, 1953.
Geile was a heavy equipment operator. He was a member of St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church at Silver Lake, a Mason and an American Legion booster.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Steve and Mike Geile of Wheatland, Wyo., Jeff Geile of Perryville; a sister, Shirley Mantovani of St. Charles, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, and Saturday from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. The wake will be at 7:15 p.m. Friday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Rose of Lima Church, with the Rev. Alphonse Hoernig officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.