- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Health calendar 8/16/07
* Diabetes and Food -- A Family Affair: From 6 to 7:30 p.m. at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Program focuses on including great tasting healthy foods that are good for both you and your family. Eating right for diabetes control can fit into your lifestyle when cooking for children or other family members, eating out, entertaining, enjoying retirement or traveling. For more information, call 651-5825.
* Preparation for childbirth: From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Saint Francis Medical Center Registration Center. All-day comprehensive guide to expected bodily changes, labor signs and stages, pain control options, labor techniques and basic infant care. Tips on relaxing, positioning and breathing will be discussed. Lunch is provided. Register by calling (877) 231-2229.
* Healthy cooking class: At 6 p.m. at Southeast Missouri Hospital's HealthPoint Plaza. Easy Asian Cooking for busy Americans includes a demonstration and food samples. Learn to make Asian cuisine in a hurry and in a healthy way. For more information or to register, call 986-4440.
* Free Grandparenting Program -- Buckle Me Up!: From 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Generations Family Resource Center. Missouri Law requires all children younger than 8 to ride in an appropriate safety or booster seat unless they are at least 80 pounds or four-foot-nine-inches tall. At this program grandparents will learn about car seat safety and appropriate use from the Safe Kids Cape Girardeau area coordinator.
* Hepatitis support group: From 6 to 7 p.m. at Saint Francis Medical Center. Allows patients and family members to share feelings and concerns with one another in a safe, nonthreatening environment. Group meets the third Wednesday of most months. For more information, call 331-5897.
* Nutrition Plus Club: At 5:30 p.m. in the Fitness Plus Health and Wellness Conference Room. Monthly meeting led by a registered dietitian offering motivation and real-life insight to help you meet your health and nutrition goals. Discussions on current health topics, motivational tips, online resources, recipes and more. Register at www.sfmc.net.