- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Francis N. "Nubbin" Gibbar, 84, of Perryville died Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2007, at Perry County Memorial Hospital.
He was born March 24, 1923, at Silver Lake, Mo., son of Joseph and Nettie DuVall Gibbar. He and Gladys Jannin were married Sept. 19, 1944, at Silver Lake.
Gibbar had worked at Mississippi Lime, International Shoe Co., and also farmed. He was a member of St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church at Silver Lake.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Wayne and Raymond Gibbar of Perryville; three daughters, Velma Brickhaus and Deborah Bruckerhoff of Perryville, Rose Meyer of Uniontown, Mo.; a sister, LaVerne Schnurbusch of Perryville; 12 grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and three stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, daughter, two sisters, three brothers and two grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. today and 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Friday at Miller Family Funeral Home. The parish wake will be at 7:15 tonight, and the rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Friday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church, with the Rev. Alphonse Hoernig officiating. Burial will be in St. Rose of Lima Cemetery.