- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Luther Arnold Jr.
Luther Lee Arnold Jr., 80, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Aug. 14, 2007, at Missouri Veterans Home.
He was born March 27, 1927, at Qulin, Mo., son of Luther and Anna Johnson Arnold.
Arnold served 23 years in the U.S. Army and was a veteran of World War II and the Korean War. He then was an art and science teacher at Chaffee High School in Chaffee, Mo., and later was a driver with Southeast Missouri Hospital Shuttle Bus.
He attended First Baptist Church in Chaffee and was a member of VFW Post 3838 in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include two sisters, Glendola Shell of Scott City and Bernadean Kerley of Chaffee.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
There is no service scheduled.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City is in charge of arrangements.