- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BERNIE, Mo. -- Lois Jewell Campbell, 79, of Bernie died Saturday, Nov. 15, 2003, at her home.
She was born Nov. 30, 1923, at Steele, Mo., daughter of James P. and Fannie Jackson Weaver. She married Taylor Campbell, who preceded her in death.
Survivors include three sons, Norman Austill of Tacoma, Wash., Harold Austill of Greer, S.C., Danny Austill of Memphis, Tenn.; three daughters, Carolyn Carver of DuQuoin, Ill., Sharon Austill of Dutchtown, Linda Randall of Hurley, Miss.; two sisters, Dora Willy of Barnhart, Mo., Doris Ridge of Cape Girardeau; 13 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Friends may call Wednesday at Bradshaw Funeral Home in Malden, Mo., from 10 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Joe Masters and Mel Carver officiating. Burial will be in Mount Gilead Cemetery at Clarkton, Mo.