- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Helen M. Strong, 95, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Nov. 15, 2003, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Nov. 15, 1908, in Jackson, daughter of Phal and Mag Grimes Tuck. She and Earl G. Strong were married Dec. 4, 1934, in Cape Girardeau. He died July 20, 1984.
Survivors include a son, Stephen C. Strong of Whitewater; two grandchildren, Ross Strong of Lexington, Ky., Meg Strong of Georgetown, Ky.; and a great-grandson, Dominic of Lexington.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Sam Roethemeyer officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to American Cancer Society.