- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Algeron Schoolfield, 88, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Aug. 13, 2007, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Jan. 5, 1919, in Portageville, Mo., daughter of Luther and Hattie Brockwell Jackson. She and Claude L. Schoolfield were married July 1, 1936, at Kennett, Mo. He died Jan. 2, 1999.
Formerly of Clarkton, Mo., she was a member of Stanfield Baptist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Patsy Bermudez of Immokalee, Fla.; a son, Joe Schoolfield of Burfordville; a sister, Betty Ward of Colorado Springs, Colo.; five grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two grandchildren and a sister.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time today at Bradshaw Funeral Home in Malden, Mo.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jack Allen officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Gardens Cemetery at Kennett.