- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
PATTON, Mo. -- Coy Tenson Welker, 95, of St. Charles, Mo., died Sunday, Aug. 12, 2007, at Jonesburg Nursing Home and Rehab Center in Jonesburg, Mo.
He was born Jan. 16, 1912, at Patton, son of Pola and Mary Cook Welker. He and Lettie L. Loberg were married Jan. 7, 1937. She died Dec. 7, 1989.
Welker had been an aircraft maintenance worker at Boeing Aircraft Co. in St. Louis. He was a member of Reagan Chapel Congregational Methodist Church.
Survivors include a son, Clayton Welker of Wright City, Mo.; a daughter, Judy Schaefer of Harrisburg, Pa.; a sister, Grace Sharrock of Jackson; two grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by four brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Liley Funeral Home in Patton.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Gene Hall officiating. Burial will be in Reagan Chapel Cemetery.