- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
THEBES, Ill. -- Clifford R. "Sam" Work, 60, of Thebes died Friday, Aug. 10, 2007, at his home.
He was born Dec. 15, 1946, in Bakersfield, Calif., son of Frances Sarah Berry Work. He and Charl Dean Stamp were married June 14, 1969, in Bakersfield.
Survivors include his wife, Dean Work of Thebes; two daughters, Suzan Rosen of East Cape Girardeau, Ill., Colleen Rees and special son-in-law, Danny Rees of Gordonville; two grandchildren, Linzee and Paige Rosen; a brother; many special nieces and nephews; and other extended family members.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at La Croix United Methodist Church with the Revs. Ron Watts and Rob Mehner officiating.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests contributions to La Croix United Methodist Church to be used for a memorial tree in Sam's honor.