- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Learning briefs 8/14/07
* Jennifer Kasten of Pocahontas has received a scholarship from the American Dental Association Insurance Services. Kasten is employed by Rental Land of Cape Girardeau and is attending Southeast Missouri State University.
* Amanda Gohn of Jackson and Valerie Gibbons of Scott City have been awarded President's and Missouri Assessment Program scholarships to attend Southeast Missouri State University for the 2007-2008 academic year. A graduate of Jackson High School, Gohn is the daughter of Layton and Pansy Gohn. A graduate of Scott City High School, Gibbons is the daughter of Larry and Sandy Gibbons.
* Mandi Wood of Oran, Mo., has been awarded Regents' and Missouri Assessment Program scholarships to attend Southeast Missouri State University. A graduate of Oran High School, she is the daughter of Mitch and Shawn Wood.
* Megan Grothman of Jackson has been named to the summer semester dean's list at Missouri State University in Springfield, Mo.
* The Shawnee Community College adult education program will offer fall semester classes for its alternative high school program starting Aug. 27. Classes will be held at three locations: the Ullin campus; The Extension Center in Anna, Ill.; and the University of Illinois Extension building in Metropolis, Ill.
-- From staff reports