- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Community digest 8/13/07
River Heritage Quilters' Guild meeting today
The River Heritage Quilters' Guild monthly meeting begins with a 6:30 p.m. social hour today at the Cape Girardeau Senior Center, 921 North Clark Ave. The meeting will start at 7 p.m. The program is by nationally known quilter Connie Chunn. Visitors are welcome. For more information, visit www.riverquilters.bravehost.com.
Photographer to speak at Nature Center
Southeast Missouri photographer Teresa Gemeinhardt will be at the Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center during the "Hummingbird Celebration" from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday to talk with visitors about her passion for the outdoors and the focus of her photographs. Her work has been honored in four states. She also dabbles in drawing and painting. The event is open to all ages, no registration required.
Ben and Mary Fiedler reunion planned
A reunion for the family of Ben and Mary Fiedler will be held at 11 a.m. Sept. 23 at the old homestead 1 mile north of Shawneetown, Mo. For more information, contact Leonard and Janet Fiedler at (573) 833-6188.
Area Pachyderm club meets Thursday
The Southeast Missouri Pachyderm Club will hold a 7 p.m. meeting Thursday at Dexter Bar-B-Que in Cape Girardeau. Meal starts at 6:15 p.m. Guest speaker will follow. Call Gerald Adams at 243-4199 for more information.
-- From staff reports
Missouri State Fair exhibit at Cape library
A newly designed version of a popular Missouri State Archives exhibit, Ticket to the Past: The First 25 Years of the Missouri State Fair, will be at the Cape Girardeau Public Library during August and September. Topics highlighted include the development of the fairgrounds, the fair's role in celebrating Missouri's centennial and the influence of World War I on life in Missouri homes and agriculture.