- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Mary Katherine "Kathy" Newman Obptande, 55, of Jonesboro died Friday, Aug. 10, 2007, at her home.
She was born April 21, 1952, at Anna, Ill., daughter of James Hubert and Lenora Coleman Turner.
Survivors include a daughter, April Cunningham of Pennsville, N.J.; a son, Richard Newman Jr. of Lick Creek, Ill.; her mother of East Cape Girardeau, Ill.; three sisters, Leona Richardson of McClure, Ill., Judy Ogden of Sikeston, Mo., Debora Elliott of East Cape Girardeau; two brothers, David Coleman of Fort Scott, Kan., Roger Turner of Cobden; and two grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her father, a sister and a brother.
Friends may call after 6 p.m. today at Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. LaRue Parr officiating.
Interment will be in the Friendship Cemetery near Dongola, Ill.