- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
THEBES, Ill. -- Clifford R. "Sam" Work, 60, of Thebes, Ill. died Friday, Aug.10, 2007, at his home.
He was born Dec. 15, 1946, in Bakersfield, Calif., son of Frances Sarah Berry Work. He and Charl Dean Stamp were married June 14, 1969, in Bakersfield.
Work served in the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam War. He attended LaCroix United Methodist Church. He worked as a heavy equipment operator and retired from the City of Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department.
Survivors include his wife, Dean Work of Thebes; two daughters, Suzan Rosen of East Cape, Ill., Colleen Rees and special son-in-law, Danny Rees of Gordonville, Mo.; a brother; two grandchildren, Linzee and Paige Rosen; many special nieces and nephews; and other extended family members.
He was preceded in death by his mother, a brother and a sister.
Memorial service details are pending.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
He will be greatly missed by his family and friends.