- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Helen Smith, 97, of Jonesboro, Ill., died Saturday, Nov. 15, 2003, at the Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
She was born Aug. 21, 1906, at Jonesboro, daughter of Allen and Ellen Miles Crowell. She married E. H. "Eppie" Smith on April 5, 1925, at Jonesboro. He died on May 22, 1980.
Smith was a member of Jonesboro United Methodist Church. She was also a charter member and former president of the Jonesboro PTO and a member of the Tuesday Tea Club.
Survivors include three grandchildren, four great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by three children.
Friends may call from 12 to 2 p.m. Tuesday at the Hileman Funeral Home Chapel. Funeral will be 2 p.m. at the chapel. The Rev. Robert Fear will officiate, with burial in the Jonesboro Cemetery.